Saturday, 6 August 2016

Working on: As Cold As Thorns – an illustrated Gothic novel


I’m concluding chapter 10 out of 14 (or maybe 16). I write during weekends and evenings if/when I have some free time, since my books and writing don’t pay my bills.

This time the process is different than on my debut novel, The Night of Elisa, because I am working with a wonderful team of beta readers (team will be disclosed when the book is published), coordinated by RBTL Blog Tours & Anna Dase.

The process goes like this: Clare Diston, my editor, edits each chapter, then I pass it to the beta readers, who provide great feedback with their thoughts and opinions. I am taking note of everything and all the gathered information will be used/help on the final editing of the manuscript when the novel draft is concluded.

Basically, it is a lot of extra work, e-mails back and forth and time commitment from all parties, but ultimately, it helps me to see where I went right and where I can improve the story, so that in the end, I can offer a great work to the readers of Gothic, paranormal and Dark Fantasy Fiction.

I am starting the illustration process this month. Basically there will things like Chapter separators, page borders, objects and characters.

I plan to publish the book in November, if all goes smooth until then, in the formats paperback, hardcover with dust jacket and e-book.

For now, you can read the
SYNOPSIS
As Cold As Thorns - a Gothic novel packed with beautiful illustrations.

When lust and vanity consume a humble young soul, nothing is left but a faint flame in the darkness of the void.

The solace and contentment of Henrique’s simple life as a small-town tailor’s apprentice vanish when his ambitions turn him overnight into one of the most powerful and influential personalities in early-1800s Europe. His quick ascension to the upper echelons of the leading Iberian Empire reveals a man torn between the pure heart he once was, and the grim shade of what he has now become: a spirit obsessed with expensive material possessions and the urge to acquire the unattainable.

Henrique succumbs to the ever-growing desires and beguiling passions tormenting his mind, causing a rupture between reason and a desolate world of ice and snow where pain is the key to salvation.

Will he survive his encounter with the colossal emptiness and find the righteous path to lead him out of his agony?

Come and indulge yourself in this startling tale of coldness and wonder.

Excerpts and illustration teasers coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment